Do You Need a Blog?
What is a Blog Exactly?
A blog is webpage with written articles that is updated frequently. It can be its own website, or it can be attached to a website with other information.
Evolving Earth’s blog, for example, features our articles and other content for conscious businesses to understand and use technology. There are blogs for every topic of interest.
Do You Need a Blog?
Many of our clients ask if they should create a blog, so we have compiled some useful information to help you decide if blogging is right for you. It’s a great creative outlet and can be an amazing way to share your message, but it does have some pitfalls that potential bloggers should be aware of.
First of all, you may have heard that a blog increases your ranking on search engines. This is a bit misleading though. Search engines do love new articles and content, but if you are not creating good quality content that people like, or if you do not update your blog regularly, it can actually harm you more than help you.
Second, blogging requires a time commitment. A blog is only useful if someone reads it, and people are more likely to read it if they are getting new, valuable articles from you regularly. Basically you don’t want your fans to forget about you!
You Might Want to Create a Blog if:
- You have a message or information that you wish to share on an ongoing basis.
- You love writing and sharing about your topic of choice, and you can consistently come up with new topics to write about.
Some pros to having a blog:
- It is a great way to keep your tribe updated about what you are up to.
- It’s a great way to build trust with your followers, and they will be more likely to remember you as the expert source of your topic of choice.
- People can comment and interact with you through your blog, leaving valuable feedback for you to create products and services, or improve your business.
- People can get to know and trust you, making them more likely to buy from you, or support your mission.
Some cons of having a blog:
- It takes time to write up all of those articles, and is a long term commitment.
- It takes a long time to build up an audience for your blog.
We’ll share tips for creating an amazing blog in another article!
What is SEO Anyway? If you have a website, you have probably heard of SEO. It is a term that gets thrown around a lot, but what is it exactly, and what do you need to know about it? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Basically, it is anything that is...read more
Do you have bad passwords that are painfully easy for hackers to exploit? Understanding a little bit about passwords, and adopting one easy habit can save you from heartache.read more
Conscious Business is a still-evolving term used to talk about people who are looking to make a difference in the way that we do business and think about business, in order to make the world a better place.read more
Do you have a question or comment for Evolving Earth?
What are your challenges? We answer questions and comments from our readers about websites, online marketing, conscious business, productivity tools, technology, and more.